Makes 4-6 waffles
‣ 3 teaspoon sugar
‣ 2 teaspoon salt
‣ 2 teaspoon baking powder
‣ 2 cups all purpose flour
‣ 2 cups milk
‣ 2 large eggs
‣ 1 stick butter, melted
‣ 3 cups grated Tarentaise, separated
‣ Maple cream or maple syrup
1. Combine sugar, salt, baking powder, and flour in a large bowl. Whisk to incorporate.
2. Whisk together eggs and milk in a second bowl. Add to dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
3. While whisking constantly, slowly add melted butter to batter mixture and whisk to thoroughly combine.
4. Add 2 cups grated Tarentaise to waffle batter and stir.
5. Heat waffle iron. Once ready, coat with butter, oil, non-stick cooking spray (whichever is kicking around the kitchen.) Pour an appropriate of batter to waffle iron for desired waffle size. Before closing the iron, sprinkle top of batter with small amount of remaining grated Tarentaise. Cook to desired level crispiness.
6. Top with a generous dollop of maple cream (or syrup) and enjoy!
* Feeling crazy? Add some cubed ham or crumbled bacon to the waffle batter!