‣ 2 slices sourdough bread
‣ 2 to 3 oz Ashbrook cheese, sliced or shredded
‣ 1/4 Asian pear, skin on and sliced thin
‣ Kimchi, enough to fully cover a full slice of bread
‣ Mayonaise or butter
1. Preheat skillet on medium low heat.
2. Apply a thin layer of mayo to one side of each slice of bread.
3. Place one slice of bread, mayo side down, in the heated skillet.
4. Arrange alternating layers of cheese, Asian pear, and kimchi on bread.
5. Place second slice of bread, mayo side up, on top.
6. Griddle to desired degree of crispiness and flip. Repeat on second side until cheese melted.
This is a unique and fun take on the classic grilled cheese sandwich. We love the spicy sweet combination of the Asian pear and kimchi. Using mayonaise instead of butter on the outside of the bread prior to adding to the griddle amplifies the savory aspect of this sandwich... but using butter is perfectly fine as well!